Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Not meant to be

   As many of you probably know, I am not a sports person. I can play the piano, and swim a little. So tonight as I was roped into playing soccer with some guys that live by me, it didn't turn out so well.
    I tried and tried to convince them that soccer is not my thing. I am an extremely uncoordinated person that stays away from using my feet as much as possible. I can juggle well, but with my lower body the coordination isn't there. Sometimes I trip just because my feet didn't make it far enough to the next step. But after all this convincing, they still had me play goalie. As I stood there, I found out I'm great at standing there. And then the ball would come.... I would either put my hands in front of my face, grunt and stick my leg towards the ball, or fall into fetal position. Fortunately my block rate was more than half. (Those hit the goalpost.) The final score was 15-5. Guess who won. Definitively not the one in fetal position. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment