Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Bless the Broken Road

So, this is technically the song of yesterday, but since it was the Olympics opening ceremony I spent the whole day dressed as a Canadian. So obviously I couldn't do anything else. If you could imagine the rest of the post is coming from yesterday that would be greatly appreciated.

The song of the day is Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flats. One reason I really like this song is because it is basically the story of every single persons' life.

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like Northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

Everything we've done in life has led us to meeting a certain person. Everything happens for a reason; even the hard times shape us to who we are today on the long, winding road. I just want you to imagine one single event in your life. What would have happened if you didn't meet someone, or something didn't happen? Your life would be nothing like it is now. You would be a completely different person. God really did bless the broken road to shape you into who you need to be today, even if it was a hard road. So really cherish everything that happens to you! It is there for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment