Pages

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Song of the Day!

Hello Everyone! (More Like "Hi Self!") So if you are going to want to continue viewing my song of the day, you will have to do so here. I've decided this seems like a good way to practice my writing and let my thoughts flow more freely. Today the song is Place in this World by Michael W. Smith. The story of how I discovered this song is an interesting one. It first entered my life when I was in 8 grade and that year's madrigals sang it. At that point, the song meant nothing to me. However, when I found it again on Mrs. Hayward's website the next year, it really hit home! It really reminded me of one of my friends, so I downloaded the piano music and fell in love with it. Just recently, I have started reflecting on myself in this song. I am to this day ever so grateful to have discovered such a beauty. (Remind me to go off on a tangeant about the word grateful sometime.)

 "Looking for a reason, roaming through the night to find my place in this world. Not a lot to lean on; I need Your light to help me find my place in this world." Isn't that so beautiful?! Just help me discover who I am and who I need to be! I need to know my purpose so that I can fulfill it and not wander in the dark wondering where I'm going. Help me discover myself. Yeah, I would really recommend listening to this song. It changes my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment